About Rack Processing
Rack Processing is the world leader in the design and production of high quality plating-on-plastics racks for the plating industry. Our unique combination of design and fabrication capabilities allows us to work with our customers at any point in their project – from design to delivery. Our design and production staff has experience solving any plating-on-plastics challenge. We also produce racks used in the metal plating and painting industries. Rack Processing is one of the largest designers and manufacturers of custom-made plating on plastic racks in the world.
- Founded by Ray and Betty Coy and located in Dayton, OH (Rack Processing Company, Inc.)
- Third generation takes the helm
- Second manufacturing facility opened in Grand Rapids, MI (Rack Processing Michigan, LLC)
- Company standardizes all rack design through Solid Works Cad System
- Major investments in new technology equipment that links with Solid Works design and guarantees component part precision for consistent quality and performance
- Third manufacturing facility opened in Irapuato, Guanajuato, Mexico (Rack Processing de Mexico SRL de CV)
Founded by Ray and Betty Coy
Rack Processing was founded in 1948 by Ray & Betty Coy. Since our inception, we have manufactured plating and painting racks for the automotive, plumbing & appliance industries. Rack Processing is a family oriented company that is deeply rooted in the concept of providing the highest quality products & services at the best possible price. Our family is comprised of employees, customers & vendors who collectively believe in the idea “there’s always room for improvement.”
Rack Processing Mission
We will build on a culture of excellence through Rack Processing’s Quality Policy: “Be recognized as a world class supplier through continual improvement while maintaining a total adherence to customer requirements in a safe working environment”.
Rack Processing’s Core Competencies
- We are a TECHNOLOGY driven company with solution centered products and technical support for our business partners – worldwide.
- We recognize the importance of the VALUE CHAIN and our role within it, not only to our customers but from our vendors as well.
- We are a LEARNING organization, as we continuously improve ourselves and invest in our people and organizational development, including succession planning and personal growth.
- We will build on our legacy of being a relationship centered organization with RELATIONSHIPS that span miles and generations.
Rack Processing primarily serves industries directly involved in plating on plastic, metal plating and component part painting. These customers are Tier 1 suppliers to the automotive, plumbing and appliance industries. In the last 2 years, Rack has exported tooling to Mexico, Canada and China.